Why you should govern content
When you govern content, you bring together the right people and expertise and assign accountability and ownership.
Use content governance to:
- clarify who does what, when, how, why and where
- deliver on the goals of your content strategy
- meet government requirements for content
- apply standards and checks to ensure quality
- continuously maintain and improve content
When to govern content
You should govern content at every stage of the content’s lifecycle – from planning through to removing.
How to govern content
- Assign accountability and ownershipGoverning content assigns clear lines of accountability and ownership, according to expertise.
- Using the content lifecycleKnow what’s involved in the cycle of planning, creating, testing, and improving value for the user.
- Identify tasks and skillsUse this workshop in your agency. Explore the typical tasks for each content lifecycle stage, and the skills you need to execute them.
- Endorse guides and standardsWhen you endorse guides and standards, you empower your agency to know what to do, and what not to do.
- Content governance modelsBe aware of your agency's content maturity to know which content governance model to apply.
- Urgent content requestsUrgent content requests happen in all agencies. Tips to ensure quality in the rush to publish.