Set up your governance
Set up a content governance model to align with the goals of your content strategy. Be clear about quality standards, who owns the content and who does what.
Why govern content
When you govern content:
- you bring together the right people, expertise and accountability. Everyone works to improve your agency’s service to the public.
- you report on agreed measures of success. This helps to build trust and get buy in. It also helps deliver on the goals of your content strategy.
Start by understanding your agency’s content maturity level. Align it with an improved content governance model.
Steps to govern content
- Improve your content maturity levelStart by recognising your agency’s content maturity level, to know how you can progress and improve it.
- Apply a content governance modelWork towards a content governance model that will improve content and get better outcomes.
- Assign accountability and ownershipDecide who owns content and who is accountable for it, according to the expertise available.
- Endorse guidelines and standardsEmpower your agency to be consistent, to know what to do and what not to do.