Read how to use this guide. We also have a Design Guide for building services.
Learn how to structure content, write in plain English and create accessible content that includes everyone.
List of the resources used to write the GOV.AU Content Guide.
23 February 2018
Guidance on writing for search engines and users:
- what search engine optimisation is and how it works
- how to use keywords correctly
- on-page optimisation — working with URLs, metadata, headings, page content, links and images
- links to SEO tools
- quick SEO checklist
30 January 2018
- Improved guidance on readability and tools.
- Improved guidance on Latin abbreviations (eg, ie, etc and nb).
- Added more guidance on using tables.
Read the full Content Guide changelog on GitHub.